Enterprise Support Programme
Technical Assistance (TA) is focused on providing advice to 600 enterprises, of which 400 are either micro or small enterprises and support to 200 revenue generating activities (RGA). As well, support is provided to three public institutions, working with these 600 enterprises. This is a pilot project, testing a new, more intensive support to VSBs than has been the case previously. Assuming its success, this approach would be rolled out country wide.
The final beneficiaries are 600 VSBs (400 MSE and 200 RGA). The programme objective is to assure that these newly created enterprises have long-term sustainability, via post-enterprise creation TA support.
More specifically, the programme’s activities target an enhanced enterprise value added by: (i) the addition of new tools and method of management; (ii) the strengthening of beneficiary enterprises’ [organisation of sectorial forum, exchanges of experiences best practices or knowhow etc.]; (iii) the definition of Action Plans, focusing on enterprise promotion and development, and assistance during their implementation. Further to this point, the programme directly supports enterprises via its (i) diagnoses, which identifies needs and interventions to alleviate them; (ii) tailor made support, [individualsupport, multiple expert TA support]; (iii) organisation of exchange forums and/or networking between enterprises (iv) partnerships with support organisations to enterprises, other like-type projects, as well as national or Internationalinstitutions. These tactics aim at creating enterprise spirit and sustainability, resulting from a methodological approach to innovation.
Description of services furnished:
- Initial diagnostic of training and advisory needs: 600 VSB; mid programme diagnostic of continuing training and advisory needs;1 200 diagnoses VSB completed over a 2-year period;
- Training provided: individual or in groups,equivalentto 3 000 person/days;
- Advise to enterprises: 4 800 person/days;
- Coaching provided: individual or in groups, equivalentto 2 400 person/days;
- Organisation of exchange forums, trade shows and networking opportunities: 1200 person/days;
- Management of more than 150 consultants.
- Improvement in enterprise survival rates: +76%
- Increase in enterprise average turnover:+40%
- Increase in the number of enterprise jobs:+50%
- Improvement in the ratio annual sales/turnover :+22%
- Enhancement of 600 micro et petites enterprises’ performance
- Develop original group methods of coaching:
Individual assistance, while allowing a certain distance while undertaking indispensible actions related to the enterprise’s operations, does not always counter the sense of isolation felt by managers.
Team Coachingremains all too often consigned to Team’s referential framework.
Group Coachingoffers a third solution.
Owner/managers, coming from differing enterprises, not having organisation relationships, find themselves in free and confidential milieu, able to exchange their problems, developing and/or co-creating solutions to them, with the entire process facilitated by a professional coach.
Its objectives are to lead the owner/manager to: (i) take knowledge of her/his actual potential, self-assessing existing skill-sets and skills to acquire, positive attitudes and weakness limiting the enterprise’s development potential; (ii) Recuperate a positive self-image, a professional project consciousness, willingness and desire to progress; (iii) determine the resources necessary to realise the enterprise’s development objectives (iv) Execute an Action Plan to achieve the objectives, notably via the personalised assistancealready in place (v) Adapt existing management tools and methods, measure the progress and new competences realised, adjust the Action Plan’s implementation by undertaking well thought-out execution modifications at the correct time (vi) allow the owner/manager to development her/his management thought processes.
The group of owner/manager is composed of different enterprises, facing similar strategic decisions and like-type management structure. The workshop takes place during 3 days (d1+d2+d3), one each month, with the participants having access to telephone support between the workshop sessions.
- Developmentof technical support tool, methods, adaptedto VSB sector types:
Primary sector (agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing & handicrafts); Industrial and Service sectors
- On-line diagnostic tool(see box) dealing with technical assistance activities.